While conventional dentures are a reliable option for replacing most or all of your teeth, they are certainly not the only one! Many people choose implant dentures for a smile that feels and functions more like one with natural teeth.
In the meantime, check out some of the reasons you might want to choose to replace teeth with implants instead of conventional dentures:
- Strong Bite – Because regular dentures sit on top of your gums, you rely on suction to keep them in place – maybe supplemented with adhesive. The result is, you won’t have the same kind of chewing power you enjoyed before losing teeth. Implant dentures are actually connected to your jaw. This gives you a stronger bite and the ability to eat all kinds of food.
- No Embarrassing Slippage – Since they are connected to your jaw, implants keep your dentures securely in place. No more worries about teeth shifting or moving out of place. Plus, you will no longer need adhesive!
- Easy Maintenance – With dental implant dentures, you have the choice of teeth that you remove and clean yourself or teeth that stay in place unless your dentist removes them. With the latter choice, you just floss and brush like you always have. No special cleaning solutions needed.
- Better Bone Health – One of the biggest benefits of implants is how they stimulate your jaw the same way that tooth roots do. This keeps you from losing bone density in your jaw. Your face will stay fuller and younger looking. You also won’t need relining procedures to adjust the fit of your dentures.
- Possibility of a Same-Day Smile – Our dentists have the ability to perform an All-on-4®, a procedure that can give you implants and replacement teeth all in the same appointment. Because just four implants are used to secure a complete arch of replacement teeth, it’s also the most cost effective way to replace a lot of teeth with implants.