If you’ve got missing or damaged teeth, dental implants from our Highlands Ranch, CO dentist office can restore your smile! They are a tooth replacement option that feels, functions, and looks like your own teeth!Dr. McKeever on implant-supported dentures Read Transcript
A great new option for patients who are missing all of their teeth is an implant-supported and retained denture. It's a denture that isn't removable, so it's actually screwed in place with implants. Finding patients that come to me saying that their dentures fall out, that they can't eat what they want to eat, they're not comfortable, and this is a great option for them. It's much less bulky. It doesn't cause as much gagging. People say that they're able to eat much more comfortably and normally the foods that they used to eat before when they had natural teeth.
Our Dr. Courtney McKeever has extensive training in dental implants and in oral surgery procedures that are sometimes performed prior to receiving implants, such as bone grafts. So you’re in experienced hands if you decide to get implants!
She completed a general practice residency at the University of Colorado School of Dental Medicine, during which she performed root canals, extractions, implant procedures, sedation, and emergency dental care. Since her residency, Dr. McKeever has completed more than 150 hours of continuing education involving various aspects of dental implants.
Advantages of Dental Implants
Compared to other tooth replacement options, dental implants have many advantages. They include:
- Better bite. With dental implants, you’ll be able to eat all the foods you like! Implants give you a bite that is nearly as strong as your own.
- Ease of care. Dental implants require no special care or maintenance.
- Versatility. Dental implants can replace a single missing tooth or multiple teeth. They can be used with different dental restorations, including a dental crown, a dental bridge, or dentures.
- Stability. Dental implants provide an incredibly stable foundation for your dental restoration. No more embarrassing slippage!
- Durability. With proper care, dental implants should last a lifetime.
- Better for your bone. Because your dental implant functions like a tooth root, it stimulates your jawbone and helps maintain your bone density. You won’t get the “sunken-in” look that often results from traditional dentures.
Your Dental Implant Options
We offer multiple dental implant options. One of them will be right for your situation! They include:
- Dental implants with a dental crown to replace a single tooth. We can produce your custom crown right in our office with our high-tech CEREC system!
- Dental implants with a fixed dental bridge to replace a few missing teeth.
- Dental implants with dentures to replace anything from several missing teeth to an entire mouthful of missing teeth.
- Mini dental implants, which can work well even if you’ve been told your jaw isn’t strong enough to support full-size dental implants.
Dr. McKeever can provide you an All-on-4 implant procedure that can allow you to walk out of our Highlands Ranch dentist office with your new dental implants and a set of temporary teeth, all in the same day!
Dental Implant Process Explained
When we replace your tooth with a dental implant, it involves three basic steps:
- First, we place a strong titanium rod directly in your jawbone. The rod functions like a tooth root after your jaw heals around it.
- Then, we attach a piece of hardware called an abutment to the dental implant.
- Finally, we attach the dental restoration of your choice, like a dental crown, bridge, or denture, to the implants.
If you’re worried you might experience dental anxiety during your procedures for dental implants, don’t be! Our compassionate staff can keep you relaxed with comfort menu options like:
- Soft blankets
- Headphones for listening to music or watching movies
- Dental sedation
- Longer appointments by request